Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Recommendation #1


This is one I missed. I am a huge Verve and Oasis fan. This band is from California, but they NAIL the BritPop sound perfectly! If The Verve and Oasis had a lovechild, its name would be The Shore. The CD came out in 2004. They have a single and an EP with unreleased tracks. Some of the lyrics may sound a little bit contrived, but you overlook it after a listen or two. The album isn't too hard to find. You just have to know that it exists. The unreleased tracks can be found on iTunes for a buck a piece. If you like The Verve, Oasis, Cast, Blur, etc., etc... pick up The Shore. You can have their entire recorded output for under $10.00 and I guarantee you'll be listening to it for a long time.
"Let it flow, let the soft sound glow inside my mind, Things I'll never know"
Ben Ashley - The Shore

No comments: