Friday, September 28, 2007

Bev's Five Favorite Movies
















Ed posed an interesting question to us so I will share my favorite movies with you and tell you why I enjoy them.

1. 12 Angry Men
I like this movie because the acting is absolutely superb. This is probably my favorite movie of all time. The movie is pretty simple. Almost all of the action takes place in a jury room. The character's biases and prejudices are exposed as each man tries to convince the lone hold-out to vote guilty. If you haven't seen this movie, it is most definitely worth your time. This is one movie that I watch no matter how many times I have seen it in the past.

2. A Christmas Story
This movie makes me feel all warm inside. This is a movie that MUST be played on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in our household. Once, Marc, the family, and I were driving and we had a flat tire. Luckily, a state trooper stopped to help us change the tire. The whole time, we were remembering and laughing about the tire-changing scene from A Christmas Story. "Oh fudggggge......." One of my favorite scenes was when Ralphie's mom called Schwartz's mom to tell her what Ralphie had said and to claim that her boy had heard it from Schwartz. The screams of "What, what" and the subsequent sounds of Schwartz being punished make me laugh every time! This movie feels like a part of me and I enjoy it every time I see it. My absolute favorite scene is when Ralphie's mom and dad sit together and watch the snow fall gently outside the window. This makes me want to sit next to Marc, sip a glass of wine, and rejoice in the beauty of having each other and the love of our family and friends.

3. Office Space
This movie is just silly. This movie pokes fun at so many things and it always makes me laugh. From pieces of flare, Michael Bolton, breast cancer awareness films, and corporate down-sizing, nothing is safe. "Na, na, not gonna work here anymore." "Why should I change my name? He's the one who sucks." I laugh just thinking about this movie.

4. Beauty and the Beast
I have loved this movie since I was a little girl. The story is sweet and funny. When everything in the mansion came alive to entertain Belle, I was enthralled. I enjoy this movie even more now that I can share it with our kids. I love the whimsy of this movie. It's a little piece of magic that makes me smile.

5. Man on Fire
The one word I think of when I think of this movie is WOW! Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning are fantastic in this movie. As a parent, this movie can be a little hard to watch but it is amazing.

To me, movies that make me feel something or think are the ones that really appeal to me. All five of these movies do that for different reasons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NICE....
I have only seen Office Space and Christmas story...but cool.